Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day


I am very thankful for my Daddy. He is a very special man to me. He sacrificed many things over my life in order for me to have certain things. Daddy always made sure that we were in church growing up and saw the importance of a Christian education. When I decided to go to Bible college (even though it was expensive and far away from home) he never said a word about the money. Piano lessons was another expense over the years that my Daddy never complained about. I am so grateful for the Christian training and the ability to play the piano now. It helps me every day of my life. I learned the meaning of hard work from Daddy. The list could go on and on. Daddy, I love and appreciate you very much!

Papa Overton is another special man in my life. He is always ready and willing to listen to me when I have the need to talk. Most the time he is a man of few words, but when I need advice, especially if it's something to do with the church or the Bible, he tells me what I need to hear. Papa has helped me a lot throughout the years. Thank you Papa for being a great influence on my life.

I am also thankful for the wonderful father-in-law that God has blessed me with. I'm grateful that he was such a great father to Joel and raised such a wonderful son. I prayed for many years for the man I would marry. I should have been praying for his dad instead, because I am sure that he needed the prayers in raising Joel!! I'm also thankful that Ron has taken me into his family and loves me as his own daughter. I love you Dad and am very thankful for you.

Lastly, but definitely not least, I'm very thankful for Joel. He is such a wonderful Daddy. My children are very fortunate to have him as their dad. Joel is such a loving dad. He helps so much with the kids. I couldn't make it without him. He tries to spend time alone with each kid in order to make each of them feel special. I see the excitement on each of them when we are waiting for Joel to come home from work. It is such a big deal when he gets home. They love him so much. Thank you Joel for being such a wonderful father to our children.

Happy Father's Day to every special man in my family's lives. We love you all.

0 comments: