Thursday, June 19, 2008

The Birthday Cake






I want all of you who can't be with us for the party to feel as much a part of it as you can. Here are some pictures of Possum's cake. Thanks to Joel once again for the artistic help. I went a little overboard with the icing underneath the fondant (Possum loves icing) and the cake is a bit lumpy. Gives it character. Makes it look like waves! It is a chocolate cake (homemade) with alternate chocolate buttercream and vanilla buttercream icing. I know some of you are wishing you were here to eat it! Possum wanted everything to be green. We settled for his shirt and the lily pads. I am going to make fish cookies and decorate them today. We have goldfish crackers and gummy worms for the party along with other foods. I promise there will be more pictures of all of the excitement later.

3 comments:

Nai Nai said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nai Nai said...

Look great, that's a big fish. You getting good!

Cris said...

I am impressed. You'll definitely have to fill me in on how you did the boat and the fish. Wonderful job. Tell Jonathan we hate to miss it but we love him.