Saturday, September 27, 2008

Squirrel's Trip

The Princesses

Poppa pulling the princesses to the ball.
Snow White and Cinderella driving themselves to the ball.
Olivia, Squirrel, and Priss






Fun at the Carnival






The parade is coming!









"I'm ready to get out of this car seat!"
"Me too!"

Squirrel arrived home from her trip safely this evening. She went with my sister and her kids to Alabama to visit family. My sister is the bravest (or craziest!) person I know. She took three kids, Squirrel (who will be 2 in October), Priss (her daugher who will be 2 in December), and Bubba Love (her son who is a little over 2 months), from here to Bama and back. Wow!! She is my hero.

While they were gone they visited with grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins. They also got to take part in the Mule Day festivities. On Friday night they went to the carnival and rode some cool rides and this morning they watched the parade before they started home. Mule Day is the festival that my hometown is known for. Yes, it doesn't sound very glamorous, but it is big time stuff! Mule Day is an event that I looked forward to all year long as a child. I'm glad Squirrel got to experience it and maybe Possum will get to next time.

Squirrel and Priss had some good bonding time. I do believe that they will miss each other, but I'm thankful that we live close enough now that they can see each other more. Thanks Aunt Cricket for taking Squirrel on a trip. It was a huge help to us with Possum being down from the surgery, plus Squirrel just had a really good time.


*While I am typing this Squirrel is sitting beside of me playing with her toes saying the "This Little Piggy" rhyme. This is her version (which I'm sure her Daddy taught her), "This little piggy had DEER meat. This little piggy had none."

1 comments:

Netta said...

How wonderful they had some time together! I hope they will always be close to each other, if not in body in spirit.