Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Hunting Season is Open







Archery season opened on Saturday. This evening Possum and I decided to go sit in our shooting house and watch for deer. Possum was very quiet and remembered to whisper, but wasn't too still. He asked me why I didn't pack him some juice and then answered his own question "Because the deer would want some of it, wouldn't they Momma?".

I enjoyed my little hunt with my little man. On the way back up the hill to the house he said, "Momma, Daddy is gonna be jealous 'cause we got to go hunting together and he didn't." I'm sure that Joel is having a blast in the Colorado Rockies hunting for elk, but I wouldn't trade my hunt in my own back yard for anything.

2 comments:

Nai Nai said...

Love it!!!! Is Possum Sick?

K. Franks said...

Hey sweet girl! Looks like yall had fun hunting! I hope you are having a great week! I know you are missing Joel by now! I can't wait to see pics from the trip. Speaking of trips, Heath and I need to plan one to come see yall!! Take care my dear and I will talk to you soon.