Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The Orchard










































































Cricket and the kids met me, Possum, and Squirrel for a day at the orchard. The kids had a ball. It was a very hot day, but that didn't stop the kids. They climbed hay bails, ran through the pumpkin patch, looked at the goats, and just got plain old dirty. I really wish I had a picture of me and Cricket pushing and pulling four kids to the pumpkin patch. I'm sure it would have made for a funny picture. The things you do for your kids! As you can tell, I took plenty of pictures (about 150), but not a one of them with all four kids looking at the camera smiling. I guess you can't expect much when your models are all three and younger.
After a few hot hours at the orchard, Cricket, Maddie, Kenzie, and Squirrel all left for a trip to Alabama to visit family. Possum is having surgery on Friday and so Cricket thought it would be a help to take Squirrel with her. I wasn't so sure about the trip, but Squirrel was very excited when we told her about it. Personally, I thought Cricket had lost her mind volunteering to take three kids on a road trip, but I appreciate her for doing it. Squirrel informed her Dad and I that she was "a big girl" and she wanted to go on a trip with "Cwicket". I hope that she has a wonderful time.























5 comments:

K. Franks said...

Girl, you know I'm so jealous right now! That is like the Pumpkin Patch! Wish yall lived closer!! The kids look ADORABLE in their outfits! I will be praying for the surgery on Friday.

Netta said...

I SO miss going to Jackson's Orchard. We loved it... I think I know a couple of kids I can borrow...hehehee

I am glad the fearsome foursome had a great time (and their Mommies too)

I will praying for your guys and I am SURE that Squirrel is having a good time.

Nai Nai said...

Wish I could have been there!
Beautiful pictures. Love Mom

Sherrie said...

Love the pictures!!! I can't wait for Sophie's hair to get long enough for a real bow!!!!!

MeLeahcricket said...

She is having a wonderful time and they were all fabulous on the trip down.